Hi darlings! Have you ever heard of the Liebster award? Well, I surely haven’t! But last week I got a message from Xandra, from the blog Xanns place, that she has nominated me for this Liebster award (thanks girl!). The name is really deceiving though, because I cannot win any award with this (unfortunately!). But the idea behind this ‘award’ is really nice to get to know a blogger a bit better. Plus this post will fit perfectly in my Personal Sunday blog post schedule ;)
So here are the Liebster-rules:
1. Refer to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. State 11 random facts about you.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers to answer your questions (Don’t nominate the one that nominated you.)
5. Inform the blogger who nominated you
6. Inform the bloggers that you have nominated about the nomination.
Let’s start right away shall we?!
1. When did you start your blog and why?
I started ‘Hashtag by Lily’ 7 months ago. Ever since I started following a few bloggers myself (a few years ago), I have been fantasising about starting my own blog. I was too insecure at that time to make that step. After my studies I was a bit confused, because I knew I didn’t want the ICT future, where I studied for, all those years. And everyone around me encouraged me to start a blog. I didn’t really have anything to lose, so I decided to try at least.
At first I was still skeptical about this, but once I started, it was suddenly so clear to me. This is what I want to do!!!!!! And now, I just can’t believe that I haven’t done this much much much earlier!
2. What’s your favorite outfit?
Not particular one outfit really. My favorite style is casual chic with a twist!
3. And your favorite designer?
Chanel, Celine, Alexander Wang, Isabel Marant, Givenchy & Acne
4. Which trend would you never contribute to?
I normally never say never, but if I really have to pick one right now it will be the white three quarter legging.
5. What’s your favorite clothing item?
6. Which outfit did you used to love, but would you never wear now?
Again, never say never haha. I mean, every trend comes back eventually.
7. What’s your favorite shopping-city?
New York city.
8. Where would you like to travel at least once in your life?
This list is endless. Right now I am thinking of Coachella! And while I am there anyway, I would like to travel the west coast via high way 1 ;)
Oh and I must go back to my roots one day and stand on the Chinese wall at least once in this life time.
9. What item – next to your phone – do you always carry with you and why?
My lip balm (Blistex med plus). This because I use it almost every hour.
10. What’s your favorite song of all time?
This is a tough one. Probably one of Aaliyah’s songs. I really can’t pick just one!!!
11. Which designer-item would you love to own some day?
A Celine bag is on top of my list! Who knows.. One day..
- My actual name is Lilian! However, everyone around me calls me Lily. So this name feels more natural to me. That’s why the blog name is Hashtag by Lily and not Lilian.
- I am in a relationship for almost 11 years now
- I am addicted to salt! I know, it’s really weird. I have reached the point that I eat strawberries, mango, pineapples and oranges (basically everything) with salt! (I can picture your faces while reading this. Whahaha..)
- I studied Digital communications (Bachelor) in Utrecht and Information Sciences (Master) in Amsterdam. So sometimes I can be a bit geeky.
- I dream to live abroad some day.
- I start my day with a glass of water with a few slices of lemon
- I need at least one cup of coffee every day, otherwise I will get a headache around 2 o’clock (true story).
- I am not proud of this, but I am a girl with many fears. Heights, flying, spiders, blood etc. (such a pussy)
- Keeping a ‘Journal of awesome’, where I write down at least one awesome moment everyday. For example; finding 10 euro in my pocket when cleaning the closet, crossing something from my to-do list or sleeping in my own bed after a month. It keeps me positive and it forces me to think about the small things in life that make me happy.
- Trying to live more organic. There is still so much to learn. Step by step..
- I buy more than that I wear. Caught myself selling items at Ijhallen with the price tags still attached. (sigh..)
- When did you start your blog and what was the reason?
- How would you describe your personality?
- There are soooo many blogs out there these days. How do you differentiate your blog from others?
- Via which platform do you get the most traffic to your blog?
- Who is your biggest fan?
- Where do you get some fresh inspiration for the blog?
- What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
- What is your favorite beauty item?
- If you can order one item for free, what would that be?
- Which designer would you like to see for the next H&M collaboration (after Alexander Wang that is)
- Last but not least: Name one weird habit you have ;)
I nominated bloggers that I have met in person already. Plus these are some pretty damn good blogs to follow!!! I am super curious how they will answer my questions :) Aren’t you?!
- Carmen –> My Daily Fashion Dosis
- Lauren –> LaChanna
- Virgit –> Preppy Fashionist
- Joyce –> My Dubio
- Iris –> A dash of Fash
- Nathalie –> Nathalie Kemna
- Joy –> Just like sushi
- Dani –> Mission to Style
- Larissa –> From hats to heels
- Lydia Li –> White and Neon
- Amanda Stas –> Chocolate heels
It’s a wrap!!! Thanks for reading again. I hope you liked this post. If you have any further questions for me, feel free to ask ;) Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!! X