You might wonder which lesson I have learned this time?! Well.. As you might know, I was working on a video deadline for Shoplog.nl. We shot some amazing footage for the video this Sunday that I was editing like crazy (I wanted to be creative and therefore doing much much more work than actually necessary). I was super satisfied with the result and I only had to add the finishing touch yesterday morning….
BUT.. the universe clearly had some other plans for this video, because I had some troubles with my hard disk. Long story short, I had the biggest FML situation going on, as I lost ALL video footage from Sunday and the video that I was editing!!$#!^%%#$*&%&(! =O
What I did was PANICKING! After a few minutes, I took a deep breath and said to myself: THINK! What can I do to?! Well, this is what I did:
- Calling my boyfriend (who was working on the other side of the country) for some moral support and advise.
- Hanging on the phone with Apple, who was asking way too many (unrelevant) questions, when they clearly couldn’t help me after all.
- I googled some applications to restore the files, but that didn’t help either (it did make me feel a bit hopeful for a moment, but unfortunately…).
So, after an hour, I gave up the lost data! I had to figure out a new plan, since I promised to send the file that day. I was checking what files I still got and thankfully I didn’t delete all footage from the camera yet.
Soooo the damage of this needless incident are:
- Lost all video footage that we have recorded Sunday. Luckily I made a small trailer of this already for my Instagram account (go check it out here), so I could used this for the video.
- I had to start all over again with the editing. Luckily I filmed the video with my iPhone to show a friend, so I could ‘easily’ recreate the video without the lost footage.
After 5 hours of working nonstop (btw, I am an iMovie pro by now), the video was ready to be send! That was a hallelujah moment!
Anyhow, even when things turned sour, I was lucky with the windfalls. I guess you always have to try to stay positive, try to find the bright sides and learn from the mistakes. My lesson learned this day is BACK UP.. ALWAYS!
sweater: Mango / pants: Zara / heels: MMM for H&M / sunglasses: Ray-ban
Oh and I think one of the applications that I installed did work a bit, because I think it has restored these pictures. So now you at least know how I looked Sunday ;) One of my favorite looks at the moment, very #byLily ;) You might have seen this Mango sweater on every poster everywhere. It really is a great sweater for only €9,99!
Oke, sorry for the rattling! I am done for today. See u soon! X